- Friday 8th December – school closed
- Friday 15th December – school closed for Teachers In-Service Training
- Sunday 17th December – Family Mass at 10am in Walshestown Church
- Monday 18th December – Christmas Carol Service at 7pm in Clogherhead Church
Tickets will be €5 per adult with no charge for children. In previous years, due to space limitations, we’ve had to limit the number of tickets per family but we’re happy to report there will be no limits this year. There will not be a raffle on the night.
- Thursday 21st December – Mr Claus will make his annual visit to Walshestown & Christmas jumper day for all
We’re very lucky to have a direct line to Santa Claus on the Parent’s Council. He’s a huge fan of all the students in Walshestown and so, every year, takes time out of his busy schedule to pop in for a morning and have a little chat with all the children.
- Friday 22nd December – The Annual Christmas Raffle & end of term
Each year, in the run up to Christmas, the children sell lines for the Christmas Raffle. On the last day of school the Parent’s Council then host the raffle. The success of this event is only made possible by the incredible generosity of the parents of the school. Every year we’re blown away by both the quantity and quality of prizes donated. Donations for the 2017 Raffle are now being accepted and can be left into the school at any point. All donations will be gratefully received. Thank you in advance for your support!
School closes for Christmas at 12 noon on the 22nd and reopens on Monday 8th January.